Day 1: Hai Phong - Cat Ba - Lan Ha Bay - Bat Cave (L/D)
– 6.20 AM pick up from your hotel and drive to the sea port city of Hai Phong (the best time to be away from the crazy traffic in Hanoi)
– After 2 hours driving from Hanoi to Hai Phong, it take you 45 minutes to go from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island by speed boat .
– Enjoy couple of cups of coffee or tea.
– 11 AM Embark the junk and start cruising to pass by the floating village.
– Lunch would be served on boat in Lan Ha bay.
– Keep cruising to the most scenic areas of the bay which includes hundreds of beautiful islands.
– Continue cruising further to see the unique Halong bay.
– Go Kayaking through the narrow lagoons and tunnel caves named Hang Ca (the Bat Cave).
- Have some time for free swimming and relax to enjoy during the sunset on Bai Trai Dao beaches.
– Anchor at a calm water area for dinner and experience the peaceful night on the junk among beautiful range of mountains.
Day 2: breakfast, lunch, dinner
In the morning:
– Welcom a new day during the amazing dawn on the bay and then have breakfast.
– The boat takes you to Viet Hai port.
– Start walking or cycling to Viet Hai village inside Cat Ba National Park. The tour would give you a chance to understand how the locals can make the livings although the whole village is surrounded by mountains.
– Climb up to explore one natural cave.
– Walk or cycle back to the boat.
– Going swimming is a good way to refresh yourself and then have lunch.
In the afternoon:
– Visit one of the most famous floating farms named Vung Vieng to see how the locals make their livings.
– Kayak through tunnel cave called Hang Luon then to scheduled beach.
– Enjoy swimming more before dinner and spend another lovely night on the bay.
Day 3: breakfast, lunch
– Enjoy your breakfast on boat
– Cruise to one small beach for relaxing and going swimming.
– 11 AM get off the boat to Cat Ba.
– You have couple of hours free. It is ideal to take motorbike tour (with or without driver) to go around and visit Cat Ba island; or walk yourself to ex Cat Ba town, beaches and local market to buy some souvener.
– Have lunch in a local restaurant.
– Take speed boat from Cat Ba to Hai Phong and drive back to Hanoi. You could be in Hanoi at around 17.30 – 18.00 PM.